Do you dream of retaining a perfect quality look for your delicate lingerie over the time? Do you envision yourself using your lingerie for at least a couple of years but that dream is being hampered due to results after the wash?
Keep on reading to get a quality advice on how to maintain your delicates from an industry changing brand – IDentity Lingerie.
How to hand wash lingerie ordinarily or in the sink
- Get a detergent specifically made for hand-washing.
- Soak your lingerie or underwear in a clean washing bowl or sink.
- Apply the soap with cold or lukewarm water.
- Allow to soak completely and ensure proper circulation of water and detergent but never allow to stay too long in the water.
- Avoid rubbing underwear while in water. Rather, repeatedly push deep into the water and allow it to float up. This will loosen grime especially with bra.
- When convinced that the stuff being washed is clean, remove and rinse gently with clean water.
How to wash underwear in washing machine
- Read care label to ascertain garment is fit for machine washing.
- Do not mix lingerie with clothes or heavy garments like towel.
- Always employ the use of specialized detergents to enhance timely stain removal.
- Make use of cold washing settings with temperature not more than 30 degrees Celsius.
- Make use of the ‘delicate’ or ‘hand wash’ cycle for your machine wash.
- Purchase and make use of lingerie wash-bag to prevent damage of delicate parts.
- Proper care should be given to machine washed lingerie while drying. Avoid hanging if possible. Lay flat on a surface and reshape back to its original nature to avoid loss of composure.
- Never leave your lingerie in machine after cycle is complete.
- On no condition should you place lingerie in the tumble dryer as that will lead to loss in durability.
How to wash white underwear
- Find a bowl with clean warm water that is not harmful to your hand.
- Apply suitable detergent that removes stains easily.
- Soak properly to ensure stain is properly removed.
- Wash with hand or machine using the steps as suggested for each method.
How to wash coloured underwear
- Look for clean water and a washing bowl.
- Apply suitable detergent (one that doesn’t bleach).
- Separate colours to avoid stains.
- Wash with hand or machine using the appropriate steps identified above.